We are currently seeking Teaching Assistants with specialist area of working within SEND within a School in Shrewsbury. Currently there are over 150 students attending the school on part time and Fulltime attendance.
The School is considered an all through school with pupils age ranging from 4 – 19. Catering for pupils with complex needs, including severe and profound learning difficulties. Many students have communication and language disorders and Autism.
We are looking for members of staff with experience working with special education to join a class team on a temp to permanent basis over a 12-week probation hire period (September 20 -November 20). The role will be starting in September on a Fulltime Basis, Monday to Friday 8:15-3:30 during term time only.
As a Teaching Assistant we are looking for a member of staff to join a large class team medical professional, Teacher other Teaching Assistants providing 1:2:1 support. There will be elements of personal care including manual handing to the role. Prior hoist training is preferred but not Essential.
The ideal Teaching Assistant will have:
1) Experience in either: ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, Autism (ASD) Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD, formerly EBD) Challenging Behaviour Dyslexia Epilepsy Global Development Delay (GDD) Hearing Impairment (HI) Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI) Non-Verbal Learning Difficulties (NLD) Speech and Language Disorder Severe learning difficulties (SLD) Profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) Visual Impairment (VI).
2) Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS), subscribed on the update service.
3) Legal Right to work in the United Kingdom
4) Ability to attend interview in July 2020 and start Fulltime hours in September 2020.
5) Full Job History and original certificates for relevant qualifications.
Qualifications Required: 6 months experience within a school or similar setting
Salary: £65 - £85 a day
Hours: 8:30 – 4:30 Monday to Friday
Interview Dates: Online registration with face to face interview to follow
Start Date: October 2020
Contact: Luke Elliott
SMART EDUCATION is a specialist consultancy focusing exclusively on the Education sector. We work extensively with Nurseries, Schools (Mainstream & SEN), Academies, FE Settings and a variety of alternative education establishments across the West Midlands recruiting for PERMANENT and TEMPORARY staff. We offer a bespoke service to both the clients and candidates with whom we work and are extremely proud of our honest reputation and our professional attitude towards Safeguarding & Customer Service.
If you are a Teacher, TA, Lecturer, SEN specialist, Cover Supervisor or Nursery Nurse and are looking for work opportunities on both a permanent or temporary basis, then call SMART EDUCATION today. You are guaranteed a professional and efficient service from our very experienced and approachable consultants. At SMART EDUCATION exceeding your expectations is our priority. Our Key Values to you: Service Motivation Approachability Reliability Trust, we look forward to hearing from you.
Location: Shrewsbury | Salary: 65 - 85 per day | Job type: Permanent/Contract | Posted: 10/09/2020