We are looking for a great teacher of design and technology to at a fantastic Academy in Birmingham and possibly across the Trust on a full-time basis from September 2020 to July 2021
The Trust currently comprises three secondary schools and two primary schools and has a desire to continuously improve. This opportunity is suitable for a very able, ambitious practitioner, looking to work in a Trust that is passionate about creating an inclusive learning environment that ensures progress for all. The role would entail supporting technology across all or some of our secondary schools initially.
Ideally you will be experienced in teaching post 16 with a fascination in new developments and technologies. This role will incorporate the opportunity to create a vision for enhancing the environment and hands-on experiences for students to learn how to learn. It will also provide the chance to link with ambassadors from industry to inspire our students who aspire to pursue careers in engineering or design.
As a cross curricular, popular subject, technology has a secure place in the Trust curriculum. The trust are very supportive and would welcome your new ideas, to maintain and improve on provision.
The trust can offer you:
• The opportunity to flourish alongside supportive and caring staff with a strong team ethos
• A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff which continues with access to enriched professional development through a range of internal programmes and through our Teaching School Alliance
• Developmental opportunities for the next step in your career
• Access to expert coaching
• A strong and effective admin team to enable you to concentrate on your teaching
• Opportunities to teach across all key stages
• A range of benefits which includes the provision of an ipad, cycle to work scheme, access to the on-site gym and swimming pool, free parking, an employee discount scheme and a commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition initiatives through our people strategy and well-being committee.
• FQT or NQT or relevant teaching qualification
• Must be able to teach DT to KS5
• Well qualified with an honours degree in relevant subject
• Available to start in September
• Evidence of a clear and trackable work record
• A passion for success and quality teaching
• All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
• Qualifications Required: QTS /QTLS
• Salary: £130- £180 PER DAY
• Hours: 8:20-4.00 Monday to Friday
• Location: Birmingham
• Interview Dates: ASAP Via Skype/ Zoom
• Start Date: September 2020
• Contact: Francesca Sandiford
If this is the job for you then please “Apply Now’ or, for more details contact Fran on 0121 392 7114
If you are a Teacher, TA, Lecturer, SEN specialist, Cover Supervisor or Nursery Nurse and are looking for work opportunities on both a permanent or temporary basis, then call SMART EDUCATION today.
Location: Birmingham | Salary: 130 - 180 per day | Job type: Permanent/Contract | Posted: 05/06/2020