We are currently recruiting for a caretaker role within a school in North East Birmingham.
This is a temporary position.
This position is a split shift – encompassing the hours of – 6am – 8am and then 1pm – 6pm. There will be handover day(s) prior to the cover.
Applicants must have school caretaking / cleaning / key holder experience within the last 2 years as this is what the role will encompass.
The candidate would need to have a current Enhanced Child Workforce Disclosure (DBS) which is on the update service or be willing to pay for one to be process through us.
• To be responsible for the management of the overall provision of security, janitorial and cleaning services at the school and associated staff
• To be responsible for the effective running and maintenance of the site as directed by the headteacher / head of school
• To undertake general caretaking duties including compliance checks, general repairs and porterage
• To be a nominated key holder and be responsible for the opening up and locking up of the school and its premises
• To be responsible for the provision of security, janitorial and cleaning services at the school
• To ensure that the appropriate materials and equipment are available and on site as well as being used correctly in accordance to legislations and guidance (Health and Safety and COSHH being adhered to at all times)
• To observe the Health and Safety requirements and ensure that everything is compliant
• To be responsible for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils and staff
• To promote the shared vision of the school
• To set an example of dedication, professionalism and efficiency
The Applicant must have:-
*Experience within caretaking, cleaning / Building Services supervision / Building Services Management
*Associated / relevant training and qualifications are preferable (i.e. health and safety, manual handling, COSHH, Legionella training)
*An ability to work independently and as part of the larger maintenance team
*A willingness for safeguarding and compliance checks to be completed including a DBS to be processed
Qualifications Required: At least 6+ Months minimum experience within the last two years
Salary: Starting at £9.50 per hour
Hours: Split Shift (7am – 9:30am then 1pm – 6pm)
Location: North East Birmingham
Interview Dates: ASAP
Working Dates: School needs someone ASAP
Contact: Georgia Pemberton
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or any other positions available, then please contact Georgia at Smart Education on 0121 392 7114 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
SMART EDUCATION is a specialist consultancy focusing exclusively on the Education sector. We work extensively with Nurseries, Schools (Mainstream & SEN), Academies, FE Settings and a variety of alternative education establishments across the West Midlands recruiting for PERMANENT and TEMPORARY staff. We offer a bespoke service to both the clients and candidates with whom we work and are extremely proud of our honest reputation and our professional attitude towards Safeguarding & Customer Service.
If you are a Teacher, TA, Lecturer, SEN specialist, Cover Supervisor or Nursery Nurse and are looking for work opportunities on both a permanent or temporary basis, then call SMART EDUCATION today. You are guaranteed a professional and efficient service from our very experienced and approachable consultants. At SMART EDUCATION exceeding your expectations is our priority. Our Key Values to you: Service Motivation Approachability Reliability Trust, we look forward to hearing from you.
Location: North East Birmingham | Salary: 9.50 per hour | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 07/01/2019